CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Couches + Spiral Staircase = 5 people to move them

After Ben and Owen were here last week, I was the proud owner of:
2 new toilets

1 new microwave


1 new dishwasher

1 rain shower fixture

New baseboards


Since I was feeling very home-remodelly(is that even a word?) I decided to take even more drastic measures. I had a full size couch, loveseat, and big chair upstairs in my loft. I was going to try to sell them on Craigslist or KSL. I was even going to sweeten the deal and offer the 3 pieces at about $200 with the caveat that whoever bought them would have to be able to get them outta my house. Then, I got to thinking about strange people in my house, damaged furniture, and a ruined condo.
I have a student teacher in my classroom this year. He and his wife just bought a house in Kaysville. I figured that the furniture should go to a new home. I told Steve he could have all of them if he would just bring some people and get them out of my house. I had 3 of Monique's kids that day so there was plenty of warm bodies to help out. I finally have more space in my house.

The furniture that was downstairs is now upstairs, and my front room is empty except for my piano. I'm going to paint and then make my extra bedroom into a sewing room. Who knew that a home overhaul could make me so happy? :)

0 comments: