CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break, at last!


Can I just say that I think this picture is the first time in a LONG time that these 4 siblings have been in the same picture? The twins were on missions, then at West Point. Al and I have been in Utah forever. Now, we just need to photoshop Ben in...
I've been waiting for Spring Break for a loooooong time. I almost can't decide what to do first. I did start off my vacation with a little house cleaning, decoupage project of Be Hoppy(see: stickmup.blogspot.com), giving a piano lesson to Lori, and an early morning trip to Wal-Mart armed with my coupons. You thought I was going to say armed with something else? I thought about it, but my holster doesn't hang so good on workout capris. I can hear my father now: "Mer, you always have to be armed, doesn't matter where you go or what you do." Of course, that doesn't include the post office or church. So, yes, I went without the steel.
I haven't posted anything on here on a long time. Let's see, what's changed since I posted last?
1. Last SEP conference of the year!
2. I'm the new YW president in my ward
3. Lentil soup is the best thing ever ( http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lentil-soup-recipe/index.html)
4. New nephew, Aiden James: see jndyer.blogspot.com
5. Applied for a passport
6. Going to Disney World first week in May!!!
The Disney World trip is going to be so great. I'm flying into Alabama to see Nate & Jaimie and Aiden, then Al, and the folks and I are headed down to Orlando. I'm getting the 5 day pass to the Disney World Resorts. I don't think I've ever done 5 days at a theme park. Ben and Amber rented a 6 bedroom house down in Orlando, with a pool. A couple of Amber's sisters are coming too, so we're gonna have a full house. At first, I wasn't going to take the week off from work. I was talking with Owen one day on Skype, and he was asking if I was going to come. I told him no, and his little face fell. The more I thought about it, and after talking with Monique, I decided I should do it. When am I ever going to have this opportunity to go on a vacation with my nieces and nephew when they are this age? Probably never. Florida here I come!!!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Jealous! The vacation sounds great. Maybe one of these days I'll make the coastal drive to Disney World and spend a few days there myself. Have fun!

Jennalee said...

I hope you have SO much fun in Florida! You made the right call! Vacationing there with all your neices and nephews will be so much fun...stressful occasionally, but tons of fun, and what pictures/memories you'll have! I hope you blog about your trip! Have a great one!