CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

If I can one more thing, I think I'll throw up

In the interest of building up my food storage I've been a canning machine lately. Thanks in part to my garden(which I had at a friend's house) and generous donations from others, I've canned approximately 50 quarts of tomatoes, 10 quarts of salsa, 10 quarts of pears, 30 quarts of applesauce, and dehydrated a bushel of pears. I do love how my house smells, but so help me! If I have to can one more thing in the next week, I'll toss my cookies(metaphorically speaking). And speaking of things that I do that just seem to bring more work and effort into my life, I'm in the process of applying for the Ph.D program at BYU. I know, I must be a glutton for punishment. But, it kinda feels right to apply for the Ph.D. program. Can you imagine me being Dr. Dyer? Almost makes me shiver in my boots. Can't imagine what it'll do for the rest of you!
By the by, Al came home last night after going to a birthday party with a strange story to tell. She slaved over a german chocolate cake yesterday in honor of this girl's birthday. Someone walked off with the cake last night at the party. Can you believe it? Technically, I could press charges against the alleged thief, since the cake was on my plate. I told Al that she get in touch with the alleged thief and give him two options:
1. He purchases from Parson's Bakery a German Chocolate Cake, in the box, with the sales clerk's initials over the tape, showing it hasn't been tampered with.
OR
2. She presses charges.
Whaddya think? I figure, either way, something good will happen here. : )

1 comments:

Jennalee said...

So funny!!! This international kaifer of all things tasty shall forever more be known as..."The Cake Thief." Sounds like a book about a "fat" chicks' bad habits! Anyway, I hope you post the rest of the story...as it doesn't sound quite done! You have a great day! Love your guts!